The Setting for My Illustration

For my initial illustration test I want to use a pre-existing game world to base it on, I decided I wanted to base my illustration within the world of Dishonored. It is a game that I think really immerses players into its setting, even just through the concept art and environment illustrations for the game, the tone is set really well.

I used the website below to gather images of the art created for Dishonoured to refer back to for inspiration:

https://www.creativeuncut.com/art_dishonored_a.html


I also put these images together onto a mood board for quicker referencing back:



I used the Wiki for Dishonored to get more of an understanding of the world, though I have played the game myself I wanted some more insight into the setting. I also wanted to understand the plague within the world more and the use of whale oil for power. 


The following links are what I used to get a better understanding:


https://dishonored.fandom.com/wiki/World 

https://dishonored.fandom.com/wiki/Rat_Plague

https://dishonored.fandom.com/wiki/Whale_Oil 


Using the information I have learnt about the world, and using the art for the game as inspiration, I can now create my own piece that will fit into this setting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finalising Notes on Framed Ink

Researching How to Create Prop Concepts

Research into Concept Art - Part 3