Sketchbook Update - Part 1

As I am between flats at the moment I haven’t had my sketchbooks with me, and I thought it would be useful to sketch more often again, sketching in a physical book sometimes feels like there is a bit less pressure to make work perfect. So I bought a new sketchbook and some essential supplies, this update is some of the sketches I have done over the past few weeks when I have made time.

A page listing my goals I always find quite useful to refer back to, it helps me to keep my focus. The second page I scribbled all over, to get over that fear of making the very first page perfect.

The next two pages I drew some baked goods in colour pencil, it was difficult not being able to erase mistakes, but I think it was a good practice. I used a white paint pen to make the highlights stand out more.

This is the page that made me realise the paint markers I had with me were on their last legs. It was a real struggle making the colours look how I wanted here. But I think I (sort of) pulled it off, an unintentional challenge to my perfectionist urges.

I did some character sketches for a baker character I wanted to concept, I have since written the brief for this character to properly work on him. I also did a page with paint markers once again, this one looks a lot more bright, I always find colourful things like fruits satisfying to paint.

I am naming this blog post with ‘Part 1’ in hopes that I continue using my sketchbook, not just for concept art work, but for anything and everything. So hopefully there will be more updates like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Back Into Painting - Part 2

Digital Sketchbook Update - Part 1

Choosing a Theme for My Concepts