Creating the Librarian Character - Part 2

I started out this design process by sketching out any initial thoughts and ideas, I didn't want to jump straight into designing full character concepts, this helped me be a bit more free to explore different possible designs. 


Next I began to explore different faces, hair and outfits for this character. The body type remained the same as I already had a guide to this in my brief.


After this, I used red pen to circle ideas I didn't like, and green for those I did, this helped me to narrow down what would move into the final concept.

Then I worked on the final concept for the character, combining the elements I liked and leaving out what I felt didn't work. 


Through the final design, I tried to leave the back view less rendered and without texture details as this information is already communicated with the posed view. I think I am happiest with how this design turned out compared to my previous characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finalising Notes on Framed Ink

Researching How to Create Prop Concepts

Research into Concept Art - Part 1