Continuing to Develop Concepts

I have spent the past few days getting back to concept work, I decided to change my workflow slightly as previously I would model a prop, then outline, colour, detail and complete. I would do this for each prop concept, completing the entire process for one prop before working on the next. 

The problem with the workflow is as I am not as familiar with 3D modelling as I am painting, I would find it difficult to get used to using Blender each time, so I instead set out to model a selection of the props first before taking them into the rest of the process. I felt this worked much better, and was able to get 4 props modelled in a day, ready to move on to the next steps.

Below are some screenshots of the models that I created and then would take into Procreate to finalise my concepts.










The props I chose to create concepts of being a bin, coffee machine, lighting fixture and toaster. I then worked on creating outlines over the models on Procreate.




Now I had some clean line-work, I could move on to choosing colours for each prop, adding other details and shading/lighting the posed versions.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Back Into Painting - Part 2

Digital Sketchbook Update - Part 1

Choosing a Theme for My Concepts