Design Brief - Project 1

Overview

For my first project I want to create an illustration of an environment, I want to make the environment visually interesting to make the viewer want to learn more about the environment and feel immersed in it. I will do some initial sketches to get my ideas for what I want the scene to consist of, then I will do a larger more detailed painting.

Objectives

I will try to break down my objectives for this project: 

- To create an illustration which engages the viewer and helps to build an image for what the world within would look like
- To develop my skills with digital art and challenge myself creatively 
- To continue to refer back to other art and research throughout for inspiration 

This project is important as I think illustrations have the ability to draw players in, they can make the viewer want to learn more about the world of a game before even having played it. Illustrations are a great tool for world building and can offer a quick snapshot into a world. That is what I am hoping to achieve with my work.

Timeline and deliverables

Project start date: 04/10/23
Project hand in date: 20/10/23

On the hand in date I should produce an illustration of an environment. I should use other art and research too inspire my process throughout. I also need to conclude my project with a conclusion of how it went, this should be between 200-300 words.

I need to blog my progress throughout; from inspiration and research, to the actual sketches and final illustration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finalising Notes on Framed Ink

Researching How to Create Prop Concepts

Research into Concept Art - Part 3