Thumbnail Development

I worked on creating some thumbnails for the character I want to create, while I have created thumbnails for props I haven’t done this process for characters before, but as it is a very widely used process I wanted to try it.

At first I didn’t think this would be helpful, but the constraints of only having effectively the outline/silhouette of a character to work with forced me to think of different designs to make this basic outline more interesting.

The top row of thumbnails I looked at 50’s references first then added in more futuristic influences on top, I then switched the order I looked at references for the bottom half of the page, looking to futuristic influence first, then adding in 50’s inspired elements. I felt this was a good way to push me to explore lots of options and avoid sticking in one type of design.

Below is the image of the thumbnails, as well as a 30 second timelapse, moving forward, I will continue to create some sketches exploring my designs further. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finalising Notes on Framed Ink

Researching How to Create Prop Concepts

Research into Concept Art - Part 3