Initial Research

I began to look for inspiration to kickstart my initial project and to give me some ideas. I looked at a variety of illustration work on ArtStation ranging from character art to environmental art.

There were a few rough criteria I had in my mind when saving art. The first thing I wanted to look out for was art that showcased a high level of technical skill, I want to improve my skills with painting so I think referencing back to great examples of art while I work will be useful.

As I want to look into world building using illustrations, I also tried to save pieces that I felt made me interested in understanding more about the character/world.

Generally I wanted to save work that I liked the style of, over time this will help in influencing my own style. While looking at work I definitely noticed that there were types of art I leaned more towards.

The following link is the images I have saved so far on ArtStation:

https://www.artstation.com/cosynoodle/collections/2499248

So far I have saved 220 images I found interesting. I will refer back to the work here for inspiration throughout my project.

I have included some screenshots below showing some of the work I have saved.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Back Into Painting - Part 2

Digital Sketchbook Update - Part 1

Choosing a Theme for My Concepts