Experimenting with Colour Interaction

Using what I learnt reading Interaction of Color, I tried out some of the exercises myself. Below are images of the colour combinations I tried out. 

In this experiment, the smaller orange squares are the same colour, but due to the colours that surround them and the colours they lie on top of, they appear different. I tried a few different colour combinations myself to replicate this effect, I also tried staying within the same hue and just changing saturation and light.


This experiment is about the subtraction of colour, I used two colours with hue near each other on the colour wheel, using a grey background behind one and a dark background of another colour behind the other. When staring in the middle of these it makes the colours look the same or very similar when they are quite different.






















In this experiment I wanted to see how a pattern could look different if only the background colour was changed. Making one background a dark red, and the other a light yellow, it makes the composition look very different - both give off a different feel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Back Into Painting - Part 2

Digital Sketchbook Update - Part 1

Choosing a Theme for My Concepts