Workflow Experiment - Part 1

Trying a different workflow

When painting the whale previously, I tried a new workflow to be more efficient painting, but the result came out quite washed out. So I referred to artist Marc Brunet's video on this workflow, ðŸ’Ž NEW COLORING METHOD (how to color your drawings) - YouTube. 

I realised my mistake was not using gradient maps so I tried a quick painting of a traffic light to test this workflow again. On reflection, I should have painted something with more colour to see how it would work, but I just went with the first thing I saw around me at the time. 
Starting out I created a rough outline, in a full illustration I would do cleaner linework after this but I skipped this stage for this experiment.

Next I painted the traffic light in just black and white, as if it was a grayscale picture.

I then added the gradient maps for each area. Giving me a quick foundation to build on.


I added some more colour and lighting to the lights to make them appear more vibrant.


I then created the background which I just kept quite simple as it was not the focus of this experiment.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finalising Notes on Framed Ink

Researching How to Create Prop Concepts

Research into Concept Art - Part 3