Creating Witch Characters - Part 1

For the next series of paintings, I want to use what I have learnt so far on making a piece interesting (especially in relation to use of colour) and apply this to some character concepts. 

I want to create a series of concepts for witches, so my first step was to gather some images to help me to brainstorm ideas. I did the majority of this using Pinterest, looking into other witch characters and how they were done, I also looked at more experimental and surreal characters. I have included a link to the Pinterest board here: https://pin.it/13hrXHn

After gathering some ideas, I created a collage with my favourite images:


This gives me a good snapshot view of concepts I found interesting, having this ‘at a glance’ view will help me through the design process. Of course for a closer look at each piece I can look at the full images individually.

I definitely seem to gravitate to the darker and more surreal concepts, so I think I want my designs to be similar in this overall feel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finalising Notes on Framed Ink

Researching How to Create Prop Concepts

Research into Concept Art - Part 1