Creating Witch Characters - Part 1

For the next series of paintings, I want to use what I have learnt so far on making a piece interesting (especially in relation to use of colour) and apply this to some character concepts. 

I want to create a series of concepts for witches, so my first step was to gather some images to help me to brainstorm ideas. I did the majority of this using Pinterest, looking into other witch characters and how they were done, I also looked at more experimental and surreal characters. I have included a link to the Pinterest board here: https://pin.it/13hrXHn

After gathering some ideas, I created a collage with my favourite images:


This gives me a good snapshot view of concepts I found interesting, having this ‘at a glance’ view will help me through the design process. Of course for a closer look at each piece I can look at the full images individually.

I definitely seem to gravitate to the darker and more surreal concepts, so I think I want my designs to be similar in this overall feel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Back Into Painting - Part 2

Digital Sketchbook Update - Part 1

Choosing a Theme for My Concepts