Creating Witch Characters - Part 3

Continuing on with my development of the witch concepts I played around with different ideas I had for their designs. I explain underneath the images below my concepts, and I also have included the time-lapse's of these being made, each being 30 seconds in length.





The witch to the left is a pretty conventional witch design, she is close with nature and uses it for her magic, with fox skulls adorning her shoulders and feathers at various points of what she wears. The witch in the centre is quite mysterious, with a veil covering her face and a hood over her head. She holds a spider and a potion of sorts, as her main use of magic is through potions and poisons. The witch to the right relies on use of herbs and plant life, she also carries a grimoire with her. Similarly to the previous, this witch also wears a face covering and something over her head.




The witch on the left I wanted it to look as though she was rotting, and the outfit mimics that of a priest, I want some religious implication, that religion plays a part in her magic and the rot taking place. The witch in the middle I wanted to appear like she is partially in armour, like she might head into a battle. She makes use of a staff for her spell work and has tattoos underneath her eyes of some kind of symbols. The witch to the right I wanted to look like she has deformities due to her failed experiments with magic, she has limbs that seem to be falling apart and her face consists of large eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Back Into Painting - Part 2

Digital Sketchbook Update - Part 1

Choosing a Theme for My Concepts