Planning for the Essay

Today I wanted to get a better understanding of what our new module is and the new essay for it, the new module "Research in Context" seems to be focused primarily on networking, and getting information from people within industry. 

I started out by making some notes using Notion, this is where I take notes for anything relating to the course and my research.

A glance at some of the notes on what I need to do for the essay and the module as a whole.

After making notes of the important points to bare in mind through the module and essay, I set out the formatting for my essay; getting the page numbers to begin on the correct page, adding in a header, setting out my titles and adding in images for the cover page and contents.

As I want to move into concept art I wanted the cover to be a piece of character concept art that I found interesting, I have not decided on an essay title yet. 

Again with the contents page I added in some character concept art, I also set out my titles on the context page so I remember what sections need to be done. The page numbers are just a placeholder.


And I added in the titles for each section, for this essay I want to make sure to do by referencing as I go, it gets quite difficult and confusing to do them later in the process.

Next I will need to establish a set of questions to ask some industry professionals, and to reach out to some to speak with. I have a lecture coming up on Friday so I will also be making notes on that in case I can work it into my essay, as I will need to select a set of the lectures to discuss within the "Practitioner Lecture Series".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Back Into Painting - Part 2

Digital Sketchbook Update - Part 1

Choosing a Theme for My Concepts