I have included my new learning agreement below, essentially I will be creating a character concept to fit into the same theme as the props I have designed.
Today I wanted to continue work on my essay, starting off I made some further notes on Framed Ink as I knew there were multiple sections I wanted to go over within the essay. Below are the notes I made while reading. The book introduces some core things to bare in mind when trying to create narrative art: What are we trying to tell the viewer? What mood do we want the viewer to be in? What function does it serve? How can the viewer be brought there? What in the art is contributing to what we want to tell the viewer? What can we leave out without changing what we are trying to say? Show not tell, try to show the audience the atmosphere using colour, light etc. Atmosphere Expression, energy and mood can be more important than the accuracy of a subject. It can be a better way to give a sense of reality to a piece. Lighting is a useful way to set the scene, it can change the way we perceive what is in front of us, helping to create completely different moods to scenes. Studying realit...
Before creating my own concepts for props, I wanted to get an understanding about how artists create this kind of concept art. While it is still within the same type of work, as the subject is different I wanted to see what changes in the concepting process. Below are notes I made through watching the videos listed below, they gave a lot of insight and I feel like I learned a lot from these artists explaining their processes. ANALYZING THE DESIGN OF HOB, SHAPE LANGUAGE, AND SCI FI DESIGNS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crCZEQEgFZ0&ab_channel=moderndayjames @ModernDayJames - 8 Feb 2018 This video begins with the artist (@moderndayjames) dissecting shapes of props within the environment of the game ‘Hob’. He explains that there are a lot of circles within the props, there is consistency in the shape language throughout. James then begins to explore shapes to fit a sci-fi theme, beginning with a general shape sketch and “extruding out” to create a 3D shape. When choosing ...
As I want to look into moving specialism, I thought it would be best to get a better grasp of what I am aiming for, what makes great concept art. So I began to watch some YouTube videos by concept artists giving advice, and I made notes on what I learnt throughout. I have included the notes I have taken on this blog post, I will be watching further videos and looking through portfolios on future blog posts, but these are the notes I have made on what I have learnt so far. Video 1 Title: Become a CONCEPT ARTIST for video games - What to practice? Creator: Trent Kaniuga Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVPwtsQ-RzI&t=2s Accessed on: 23/01/24 The beginning of the video Kaniuga describes the importance of understanding the fundamentals of drawing, this is something I definitely want to practice more, he states that the better the understanding of fundamentals the better I will be able to communicate my ideas. He explains that looking through art books is a great place to see ...
Comments
Post a Comment