Research Stage for the Next Character

As with previous projects, I started off by looking through Pinterest and saving images that I found interesting or that might help me in designing my character concept. 

Below are some screenshots of the kinds of images I found and saved, and a link to the board itself.

https://pin.it/5X94m2iUz


Starting out I wanted to get a feel for 50's fashion generally, I know I want my character to be a woman so I looked to typical styles worn and sold at the time.

Then I looked at different types of hairstyles to get some insight into styles of hair worn in the 50's.

Next I looked into futuristic fashion styles; cyberpunk and techwear gave me some good ideas. Similar to the prop designs, while I want to lean into the 50's aesthetic heavily. I think futuristic designs tend to put functionality first, so merging the functionality of these designs into a 50's aesthetic I feel would work well.

I also had a look at 'spacesuit' style designs and body armour.

I found this research more challenging than it has been in the past due to the influx of AI images in Pinterest, so in future I think I will need to shift platform for research as it was hard and time consuming to sift through images that are real vs those that were AI generated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Back Into Painting - Part 2

Digital Sketchbook Update - Part 1

Choosing a Theme for My Concepts